At Ovoca Manor (Scripture Union Irelands dedicated retreat & adventure centre) we offer faith-based residential and day retreats to schools, with programs flexible to the needs of your students. Our retreats are geared towards helping young people understand the Christian faith in a relevant way by providing an opportunity to make informed and positive life choices, mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Retreats are delivered through the combined experience of spiritual input and outdoor adventure activities.
The following are some examples of Spiritual input and workshops that we can offer as part of your program:
• Prayer Journeys
• Issue based Testimony with moving discussions
• NUA / Alpha video series and Small groups
• Speakers and Q&A
• Workshop (perfect for day Retreat)
• Reflection and mediation
• Scenario and drama based learning
• Themes such as stress relief, community, identity, future you and mind, body and soul.
Outdoor activities are a key part of these retreats and the delivery of these are intentionally designed to tie-in with your theme.
Outdoor activities include:
• Jacobs Ladder, Climbing Wall, Leap of Faith, Zip Line
• Team Building Activities
• Bushcraft (Fire lighting, Bread making and fishing)
• Low ropes
• Iron man challenge
All our staff and volunteers are Garda vetted and trained in child protection policies.
Retreats at Ovoca Manor are led by our Retreat Coordinator Darren Bourke.
For more information or if you would like to book your school on Retreat contact Darren at;
Phone: 086 466 7144 or 0402 353 69